How much do you know about the things virtual assistants do? Many people hold the assumption that a virtual assistant is just like a virtual receptionist. While the two roles are similar in ways, we can tell you unequivocally that virtual assistants are quite different from virtual receptionists. We recently had a reader ask the following question.
I’ve read a lot about virtual receptionists online, but I need someone to cover more than just the phones. I need help with other things that can be handled remotely, but I’m just not sure if a virtual assistant could cover what I’m looking for (social media, scheduling, etc.) What exactly does a virtual assistant do, other than answer the phone? – Dawn G.
We responded to Dawn with a list of virtual assistant features, but then realized that many others probably have this question, too. We decided to create a reference blog post for anyone wondering about things virtual assistants do other than call answering. Check it out!
10 Things Virtual Assistants Do Besides Answer the Phone
Note: Virtual assistant features vary from company to company. The features and tasks you’ll see listed below are a representation of the services Conversational provides only – we can’t speak for other companies or freelancers who provide a similar service. You may or may not find these virtual assistant features with other VA providers.
- Research – From a quick Google search to grab information to scanning in-depth, peer-reviewed studies, a virtual assistant can take care of all your time-consuming research.
- Reservations – Booking a table at a restaurant for your anniversary or a coworker’s promotion celebration? Let your virtual personal assistant know and they can take care of it for you.
- Travel planning – If you travel frequently, you know how time consuming it can be to book flights, rental cars and hotels. A virtual assistant can handle it all.
- Email replies – Virtual assistants can issue scripted or quick replies to the emails flooding your inbox, freeing up your time and ensuring important emails don’t go unnoticed.
- Answer customer questions – Your assistant can reply to comments on blogs, social media, and your website to make sure your customers’ questions never go unanswered.
- Managing your blog – Have your assistant manage your blog by scheduling and editing your blog posts and moderating comments to ensure an even, consistent content flow and a polite, brand-consistent comment section.
- Ordering out – Your virtual assistant can easily place an order for lunch delivered to your office, cake for an office celebration, flowers on a coworkers’ birthday, and more.
- Keeping up with reminders – It’s easier to keep to your busy schedule with a virtual assistant to remind you of upcoming deadlines, due dates, and appointments.
- Handle calls – You’ll never have to interact with the cable, electric, water, or gas company as long as you work with one of our virtual assistants! Let your virtual assistant handle your outgoing calls for you.
- Event planning – Virtual assistants can help with event planning tasks, like placing calls, ordering items, arranging transportation and bookings, and more!