We all want more followers on Twitter. When your tweets reach more people, you get more engagement–more likes, retweets, and clicks to your website. The problem is, we don’t all have time to hang out on Twitter all day, replying to a million users in attempts to get noticed and earn new followers.
That’s okay, because the most effective actions you can take to win new followers on Twitter can all be completed in 5 minutes or less each day. By the end of the first week, you could double your followers and really boost your engagement.
If you’ve got 5 minutes to spare each day, you’re ready to double your Twitter followers. Here’s the 5 minute Twitter routine you need to make your Twitter account a roaring success.
The 5 Minute Twitter Routine That Will Double Your Followers in a Week
1. Tweet as many times as you can daily. The numbers of posted tweets on a given page are strongly correlated with the number of followers that account has. Studies show that the more often you tweet, the more retweets you get. Retweets show your tweets to an entirely new group of followers and always result in new follows. To give your account a boost, tweet often and tweet well. (1 min/day)
2. Trim your hashtag use. Studies show that 1-2 hashtags per tweet is the sweet spot for engagement, getting around 21% more engagement than tweets with more or fewer hashtags. (0 min/day)
3. Shout it out. Send a personal shout-out to other brands you know, influencers you’ve connected with, and brands you want to know. A simple tweet works great: “We love @brand, great selection of #themes to choose from!” They’ll retweet you, and remember: Retweets=new followers. (1 min/day)
4. Start chatting. Twitter chats are scheduled times where related brands and individuals come together to tweet on a certain topic or event. Find a Twitter chat related to your industry and get involved! You don’t have to stay the whole time, but make sure to fire off a couple insightful and helpful tweets using the chat hashtag associated with the event. You’ll gain several new followers each time you participate! (2 min/day)
5. Follow people first. A surefire way to gain some new followers quickly? Follow them first. Be very careful here, though–watch your Follower/Following ratio closely and ensure you don’t start following more people than are following you. That’s a red flag to new people who visit your profile. Use a program like ManageFlitter to cut down the time it takes to research and follow new people on Twitter, and to unfollow the ones that don’t follow you back. (1 min/day)