Just because you shut the doors and go home for the day doesn’t mean your business has to be closed. Often, customers call after hours and voicemail may not be the right option; however, with an answering service you can offer more for your customers calling after hours.
Its important to choose the right answering service for your specific business needs. From basic services to advanced call centers, you have many choices. Here are a few tips to help you find the right answering service for your business.
Do you Just Need the Bare Essentials?
A basic answering service will provide you with the bare essentials. This may be all you need if you just want an agent to answer the call and decide if the customers need to be contacted immediately. If they don’t feel that the customer needs to be contacted immediately, they can take a message for a call back on the next day.
An Advanced Answer Service for Better Customers Service
It won’t be as inexpensive as a basic answering service, but a more advanced answering service will provide many additional services. If you plan to offer 24/7 help or your business receives a large volume of after-hours calls, an advanced service may be necessary.
Some of the additional benefits you may receive from this type of service include:
- Order Taking
- Appointment Scheduling
- Customized Responses
- Technical Support
- Inbound Sales Leads
- Information Requests
- And More!
Of course, to provide this level of service you may need to write scripts and provide specific answers for frequently asked questions. It may also be necessary to provide access to your order taking program or scheduling software.
Additional Things to Consider
When you want to hire an answering service to help with after-hours calls, you should also consider:
- Call Center Location – If the call center is located outside the US and Canada, you may not provide the same level of service compared to a service from the US and Canada only.
- Cost – Make sure you get a full estimate based on your business needs.
- Customized for your Industry – Some businesses have specific needs and the customization will make a difference.
- Legal Issues – Make sure to run everything past a legal professional before using an answering service.
- Automated or Live – You may have the option between an automated menu or a live person. Live receptionists always provide a higher level of customer service.
The decision to use an answering service is quite important for your business. If you know that it could lead to more profits, its a good idea to employ an answering service for your after-hours calls.
However, before you choose the right answering service, consider the many things mentioned above. Start by assessing the needs of the business and continue by looking at each service to see which one will fit your specific needs the best. Once you’ve compared a few services, you will find the right one to hire for your business.