Wednesday, July 13 is National French Fry Day. This means you can forget about any sort of dietary guidelines you’ve been following – at least for the day. You wouldn’t turn down free fries for National French Fry Day, would you? If your answer is yes, our hats are off to you.
For the rest of us – prepare to overload on carbohydrates and sodium as you take advantage of the free fries offered at the following restaurants for National French Fry Day! Some of the promotions require you to make a small purchase to get your free fries for National French Fry Day, but you’re dedicated. You can do this.
Restaurants offering free fries for National French Fry Day
McDonald’s: Get a free medium order of fries with the purchase of any large sandwich with the McDonald’s app until July 24
IHOP: Buy a burger at the International House of Pancakes and you’ll get free, unlimited seasoned fries until July 31
Burger King: Get two Whopper meals for $10 until July 15 — that’s two Whoppers, two small drinks and two small fries
Red Robin offers bottomless steak fries with any entree purchase, year round
In addition, don’t be afraid to ask about National French Fry Day promotions at your local restaurants and any chains you visit on this date. Many will be serving up free fries without advertising the promotion. Secret free fries for National French Fry Day taste even better, right?
If you don’t plan on going out and would rather make some delicious french fries at home, check out these easy recipes for french fries.
Make your own french fries for National French Fry Day
Baked french fries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Cut potato into wedges. Mix olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder together. Coat potatoes with oil/spice mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes in preheated oven.
Crispy french fries
- Fill a large bowl with water and soak potatoes, submerged, for at least 30 minutes – up to 24 hours. This will help remove the excess starch from the potatoes and keep them from oxidizing.
- Heat a heavy stock pot fitted with a deep-fry thermometer with oil to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into your preferred shape, then add to the hot oil and fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on a paper towel and season to your liking.