Every business needs an influx of new customers. Whether you’re trying to replace old customers that left or if you want to grow your business, it cannot be done efficiently without new customers.
It can be very difficult and expensive to find potential new customers. When you find them, you want to win them over and keep them as a customer for life. This makes them much more valuable than any one-time customer. Here are a few tips to help you win and keep your new customers.
Winning New Customers
Before you can work on keeping a customer and turning them into a loyal client, you must win them over the first time. Four tips for winning new customers include:
- Offer New Products or Services – As you expand your company with new products or services, you will be able to serve new markets, which means you will be able to increase your customer base.
- Referrals – Current customers can easily become a huge army of sales people for you. They already know how great your products or services are and you can tap into this resource to build your customer base.
- Adjust Prices – Sometimes, a change in your price can attract new customers to your business.
- Diversify your Marketing – By reaching customers in different ways, you gain the opportunity to expand your customer base.
It all starts with finding and winning the new customers. As your business expands, you can reach more new customers through added products, services, referrals, better pricing and more diverse marketing efforts.
Keeping New Customers
After winning customers and getting them to try your products or services, you need to convert them into lifetime customers. Six tips for keeping new customers include:
- Provide Better Customer Service – Customer service is vital to your success and providing better customer service may separate you from your competition.
- Respond to Emails Faster – When a customer emails, if you respond within 15 minutes, they will feel like you really do care. Many companies take up to 24 hours to send a real response. This is one area you can certainly separate your business form the competition.
- Answer the Phone – When a customer calls, they shouldn’t have to sift through multiple menu options or sit on hold. Answering the phone after just one or two rings will help to keep them coming back for more.
- Encourage Reviews – Reviews help customers connect with your company. They also help you to spot issues and handle them faster.
- Fix Issues Fast – The faster you fix an issue with a new customer, the happier they will be and the more likely they will buy from you again.
- Talk and Look Professional – Your business needs to have a professional image, regardless of the size. This gives you more of an authority in your industry and provides a brand customers will want to use.
After your marketing efforts have won new customers, use these tips to help turn them into loyal buyers.
Finding, winning and keeping new customers are things all businesses have to do. However, it doesn’t have to be hard. By using these tips and providing customers with what they need and want, you can grow your customer base and create brand loyalty.