Virtual assistants handle tasks that business owners don’t have time for. While you focus on your priorities, a virtual assistant can take over your background and recurring tasks that have to be completed every day, week, or month. A virtual assistant is like a personal and executive assistant who works remotely.
Virtual assistants can do most of the tasks a traditional executive assistant would handle – answering phone calls, managing the client’s calendar, scheduling appointments, email and message replies, etc. Because virtual assistants work from a remote location – in our case, from the Conversational office – and not full-time from your office, they can be hired much more cost-effectively than full-time assistants. You’ll be surprised to find just how affordable it is to hire a virtual assistant for 10 hours per week!
Virtual assistant services
Virtual assistant services provided by our expert team include:
- Research – From a quick Google search to grab information to scanning in-depth, peer-reviewed studies, a virtual assistant can take care of all your time-consuming research.
- Reservations – Booking a table at a restaurant for your anniversary or a coworker’s promotion celebration? Let your virtual personal assistant know and they can take care of it for you.
- Travel planning – If you travel frequently, you know how time consuming it can be to book flights, rental cars and hotels. A virtual assistant can handle it all.
- Email replies – Virtual assistants can issue scripted or quick replies to the emails flooding your inbox, freeing up your time and ensuring important emails don’t go unnoticed.
- Answer customer questions – Your assistant can reply to comments on blogs, social media, and your website to make sure your customers’ questions never go unanswered.
- Managing your blog – Have your assistant manage your blog by scheduling and editing your blog posts and moderating comments to ensure an even, consistent content flow and a polite, brand-consistent comment section.
- Ordering out – Your virtual assistant can easily place an order for lunch delivered to your office, cake for an office celebration, flowers on a coworkers’ birthday, and more.
- Keeping up with reminders – It’s easier to keep to your busy schedule with a virtual assistant to remind you of upcoming deadlines, due dates, and appointments.
- Handle calls – You’ll never have to interact with the cable, electric, water, or gas company as long as you work with one of our virtual assistants! Let your virtual assistant handle your outgoing calls for you.
- Event planning – Virtual assistants can help with event planning tasks, like placing calls, ordering items, arranging transportation and bookings, and more!
Once you’re working with a talented virtual assistant, you’ll wonder how you ever had time to get things done before.
Benefits of hiring a virtual assistant
Virtual assistants come with a host of benefits for business owners. Whether you want to save time and money or are simply overwhelmed with work, hiring one virtual assistant or a team of virtual assistants may be the answer.
Here are just a few of the many benefits clients report when using our virtual assistant services.
No office space required
When you hire virtual assistants, you won’t have to provide office space for them. Some companies actually use virtual assistant services to eliminate the need for so much overhead. Without the need to provide a desk, computer, phone and space for each of your assistants, you may be able to save thousands of dollars every year.
Built-in skill set
Since your team of virtual assistants are highly skilled and trained contractors, they will be able to provide you with skills you may not find elsewhere. Many of the virtual assistants on our team have worked for executives and have performed duties as website administrators. If your company operates within a niche, let us know and if possible, we’ll suggest an assistant with experience in that niche. This means you’ll work with virtual assistants that have a good understanding of your business.
Save time and money
One of the most beneficial parts of hiring a team of virtual personal assistants is the time and money you will be able to save. Not only will you have lower overhead costs, but you will also save time. Hiring a virtual assistant means you won’t have to interview, hire and train new full-time employees.
Of course, your team of virtual assistants will also save you time by taking work off your desk and onto theirs. They cost far less than hiring full-time, in-house employees and unlike full-time employees, you’ll never have to provide benefits for virtual assistants.
You only have to pay virtual assistants for the time they actually spend working on a project–you’re never billed for downtime. You will be able to better budget for each project and get the most out of every dollar you spend. Compared to hiring an in-house assistant, you can save tens of thousands of dollars a year by hiring a virtual assistant.
Should you consider a virtual assistant?
Weighing the options of hiring a full time assistant or a virtual assistant? Consider the pros and cons. Hiring somebody to work in your office is a time-intensive process. You will need to interview multiple people until you find the right person.
After the interview process, you will need to train your employee, give them enough work to keep them busy, and hope they turn out to be as effective as you were hoping. If they don’t work out, you have to fire them and start the process over again.
In addition, full-time employees don’t really work a full 40-hour week for you. Sure, they may be in the office 40 hours a week, but are they really working each and every one of those hours?
On the other hand, a virtual assistant will give you the ability to save money and still get plenty of work done.
Some of the reasons business owners consider hiring a virtual assistant include:
- The workload has become overwhelming
- You’re sick of working 60 hours a week to get everything done
- You feel stressed or trapped by work on a regular basis
- You’re tired of feeling like you never have the ability to focus on growing your business
- You dread the recruiting, hiring and training process involved with hiring an assistant
There are several reasons for considering hiring a virtual assistant. Since they can do so much for you, from creating invoices to making calls to managing projects, they can fill in where you have been putting in overtime.
Virtual Assistant FAQs
We gathered some of our most frequently asked questions to help you decide if hiring a virtual assistant is right for you. If you have any questions you don’t see here, please contact us!
How soon can a virtual assistant start working with me?
After you choose your plan and sign up, your virtual assistant(s) will be assigned immediately. There’s no lengthy on-boarding process–our virtual assistants will start working for you as soon as you give instructions for their first task.
Do I have to sign a contract to use your virtual assistant services?
No! You don’t have to sign any kind of contract to use our services. We give you the freedom to cancel or upgrade at any time.
How will my virtual assistant introduce themselves on the phone?
Our virtual assistants will give any greeting you specify. You can choose to have them identify themselves as your assistant, first name only, company name only, etc. You can have your virtual assistant identify themselves as your assistant when placing calls to others on your behalf or keep that information private.
Can my virtual assistant make purchases for me?
Yes. If you want your virtual assistant to make purchases on your behalf (birthday gifts, office supplies, etc.), you can securely share your credit card information with your virtual assistant. With your express consent, they will be able to make online and phone purchases on your behalf.
Do virtual assistants handle recurring tasks?
Yes, our virtual assistants can handle any recurring tasks you might have. Examples of recurring tasks some clients delegate to virtual assistants include bill payment, blog and social media checklists, daily news curation, and more. Just let us know when your recurring task needs to be performed and how often and our virtual assistants will handle it for you.
Do virtual assistants work on weekends?
The schedule for each virtual assistant can vary depending on the package you select. Most virtual assistants work during normal business hours, 8am-5pm. If you have an urgent task that must be completed over the weekend, we can deliver the task to another qualified virtual assistant or wait for your dedicated assistant to become available to complete the task. We always do our best to ensure urgent needs can be accommodated quickly.
Conversational virtual assistant features
When you hire our virtual assistants, you’re bringing in someone who’s qualified to take care of the tasks you don’t have time for. Our virtual assistants work diligently to help you save money, save time, and get things done. No task is too big or too small for our team.
Our virtual assistants work in the United States and Canada. You will never have to worry about dealing with a language barrier when they make or take calls for you. We only hire the most professional, congenial virtual assistants to ensure you have a great experience every time.
If you’ve been looking for a better solution, more time for growing your business, or a way to make your business run more smoothly, our team of highly skilled virtual assistants is ready to go to work for you.
There’s no need to pay for a larger office space or even lease an office. You can run your company from home and our virtual assistant service will help your business look larger and more professional to your clients and suppliers.
No matter what type of business you run, we are here to help you grow seamlessly. Our team of virtual assistants will help you put your priorities first while they handle the rest. Whether you’re a startup, small business, or a large enterprise, hiring virtual assistants to share the load may be the next step to take toward success.