Running your business from home, from the road or even from an office can be done without hiring a single traditional employee. Not all businesses can run this way, but many can. If you start with a virtual receptionist and build your virtual team from there, you can gain plenty of benefits. Here’s what awaits as you build your virtual team.
The Benefits of a Virtual Team
Building a virtual team may take a little bit of time, but once you have all the necessary pieces, you will enjoy plenty of benefits including:
- Great Attitudes – Most freelance workers you will hire are entrepreneurs themselves. This means they will have a better attitude than somebody you hire and put on the payroll, in most cases. They are going to be more business oriented and ready to provide their service to you fast and efficient.
- Less Expensive – When you pay for a freelancer, you are paying for the actual work, not just for hours. You don’t have to worry about paying them if they are not doing the work and you don’t need to buy them benefits. They can also help extend your business hours giving you more opportunities to gain profits.
- More Available – Since many virtual employees work from home, they set their own hours. This means, you can fill each position for a 24-hour work day, if you prefer.
- Highly Dedicated – Freelancers tend to be very dedicated to their work. They get paid based on performance and they don’t want to lose you as a client.
There are many other benefits that come along with hiring a virtual team compared to traditional employees. These are just a few of the main benefits.
Putting your Virtual Team Together
Depending on the type of business you run, there may be a variety of positions to fill. Some of the most common freelancers and services you can hire for your virtual team include:
- Virtual Receptionists
- Virtual Assistant
- Content Writers
- Website Designers
- Graphic Designers
- Marketers and SEO Specialists
- Technical Support Staff
- Social Media Marketers
- And More!
Your business may need other positions filled, as well. Nearly anything you need can be outsourced to a freelancer.
Starting with the virtual receptionist, you will be able to get your phones covered. They will handle all your incoming calls, take messages, handle general questions, take orders and even set appointments. Some can even take care of your reminder calls and other outgoing calls.
After you have the right virtual receptionist, you can hire a virtual assistant to handle some of your day-to-day tasks.
The content writers will make sure your blog is full of great content and you are gaining traffic from the content on your website. Of course, the website and graphic designers will keep everything looking pretty, while the marketers and SEO specialists make sure you have plenty of traffic.
Some businesses may need a technical support staff for their customers. If so, you can hire a team to help give your customers the support they need.
Of course, the social media marketers will handle posting to your social media accounts. They will make sure you get the most out of these sites as you grow in the online world.
Every business should have an accountant to make sure everything is running smoothly. Make sure you hire somebody with a good reputation and you will be able to avoid having to handle your own accounting.
There are many other positions you may need to fill, depending on your needs. If you haven’t started your business yet and you want to take it 100% virtual, start with a virtual receptionist. Then, work on all the other tasks you need taken care of and test different freelancers until you find the right ones for your specific needs.
Filling in all the different pieces isn’t exactly easy, but once you have it running, you can sit back and watch your business grow. Going fully virtual can save you a ton of time and money compared to the overhead of a traditional office and traditional staff. Not only will you save time and money, but you will also gain many other benefits as you start to build your new business from the ground up.