If you’re considering hiring a virtual assistant, you’re going to find that your daily task load is much lighter. That’s because virtual assistants can be outsourced many of the typical tasks you do in a day. They aren’t just the perfect person to answer your incoming calls; they can also manage your email, schedule your appointments and do more techy things like prepare Powerpoint slideshows.
One of the most common complaints of entrepreneurs is that they try to wear too many hats and it’s hard to keep up and do everything well. When you run your own business and find that you have to do everything yourself, you may feel burnt out, overwhelmed and that the quality is suffering. It might be time to outsource to your virtual assistant. Here is a look at what virtual assistants are able to handle for you.
Why Virtual Assistants are so Vital
Whether you work for a corporate, small business or you’re an entrepreneur, virtual assistants are the perfect solution to handling some of the excess work. Rather than trying to handle it all and struggling to accomplish everything, your virtual assistant can take some of the time-consuming tasks off your desk. Plus, you won’t have to worry about quality suffering anymore since you are usually stressed out or busy when handling these tasks.
Your virtual assistant will handle them all with professionalism every time which means you can take a sigh of relief. Outsourcing happens all of the time in companies so why wouldn’t an entrepreneur cut themselves the same slack? It’s not a waste of money or time; it’s a smart way to balance your day and keep your team and yourself focused on the important tasks at hand without interrupting phone calls and emails to handle.
What can a Virtual Assistant do?
Most people don’t realize the possibilities of a virtual assistant. Many people think that virtual assistants can only answer calls and that may not be your biggest hurdle during the day. In reality, virtual assistants can wear all of those hats you are currently trying to juggle: emails, phone calls, your calendar and more.
General virtual assistants can fulfill many roles from basic needs to more complicated tasks and they are typically available 24/7 so that you can take a sick day, some vacation time and have ending office hours each day.
If you’re trying to buy more time during the workweek, consider hiring a virtual assistant to outsource time-consuming work you handle regularly such as:
- Booking your hotel rooms and flights for business or personal trips
- Book appointments with your clients and manage your calendar
- Manage and filter through your emails
- Set up autoresponders like Mailchimp and Aweber
- Manage your online files with sites like Dropbox
- Answer your incoming calls and other receptionist duties
- Create basic reports like weekly tasks and sales
- Transcribe your voicemails and podcasts
- Research for your upcoming blogs and newsletters
- Set up your social media accounts like Twitter and LinkedIn
- Manage your blog with basic WordPress skills
- Help recruit more team members like writers and graphic artists
- Publish your content on your blog
- Participating in discussion forums, message boards and blog commenting for promotion
These are most of the tasks a general virtual assistant can handle but don’t make assumptions; ask a potential virtual assistant to see if there are more customized options they can handle for you.
A virtual assistant is the perfect way to outsource some of your work, take a load off and keep you focused on more pressing matters to keep your business doing well.