Customer service is an intricate part of your business. If your customers are not satisfied with the way you care for them, they will go to your competitor. The person answering the phone will be your key to customer service. You need to ensure that your customers are receiving the care that they need, as this will build a trust between you and them.
You can have amazing feedback from customers, but one negative comment can really hurt your business. Statistics show that it takes 12 positive customer experiences to counteract one negative customer experience. You want to ensure that you stay on top of issues that may arise, because this will affect the way customers rate your service.
If there is an issue, and you handle it within a reasonable time frame, your customers will more than likely leave the situation feeling good. This will result in a positive experience, even though they experienced an issue.
It’s true, customers admit that they are willing to pay a little more for a product to get good customer service. Why is this? Because customers want to do business with companies that they can trust.
Here are some statistics that will help you see just how important customer service is in your business.
- 70% of customers will buy from a company based on their interaction with the business
- 81% of businesses will encourage staff members to increase customer satisfaction
- 65% of businesses actually give their employee’s tools and training to help form a trust with customers
- 89% of customers will quit buying from a business once they have experienced bad customer service
- 45% of customers will not complete an online order if their questions are not taken care of in a timely manner
- 83% of customers will need assistance when making an online purchase
Here is where you can see how your quick response affects customers. 33% of customers will suggest your services to someone else if they receive a quick response back from you, even if it’s ineffective. 17% of customers will recommend your services if you respond to their questions slowly, but are given an effective solution. Responding quickly is more important to the customer.
More than 5,700 consumers were surveyed on their preference of help channels. Here are what those consumers reported.
- 61% want a telephone number to call customer service
- 60% want to email customer service
- 57% want help through a live online chat
- 51% will read through Frequently Asked Questions
- 34% like a click to call option
- 17% will turn to online customer forums or communities that are ran by the company
- 12% will watch video clips that give help and advice
- 7% would like to have a live video chat with a customer representative
- 16% didn’t have a preference
Part of your customer service, should be paying attention to what people want. Gather feedback from your customers in regards to your products and services. It’s important to know if your products or services are meeting their needs.