Customer service is one of the best ways to set yourself apart from the rest of the companies within your industry. Competition is stiff in just about every major industry and you need an edge. There are many benefits to personalizing your customer service.
Benefits of Personalized Customer Service
When you provide a more personalized type of customer service, you will reap all types of benefits. Consider the difference you feel when you receive a letter addressed to you by name instead of to “sir” or “madam.” It may seem very small, but the personal touch makes a difference.
Applying the personal touches to your customer service can provide the following benefits:
- More sales and profits – Customers will order more from your business if they know they will be treated well.
- Less complaints – It’s hard to avoid all the complaints, as some customers will never be happy, but with personalized customer service, you will eliminate many of the potential complaints.
- Better online reviews – Technology and social media ensure that every business is reviewed online. If you want to keep the reviews positive, provide better customer service.
- Develop loyalty with customers – Personalized service allows your customers to become loyal to your company faster.
- Easier to build lasting relationships – Customer relationships are what sustain your business and with personalized customer service, you will build better relationships that will last.
These are just a few of the many benefits provided by personalized customer service.
How to Provide Personalized Customer Service
Providing great customer service personalized to each individual takes more than just using their name on a letter. You need to provide something your competition doesn’t offer and something that makes each customer feel important.
Don’t treat your customers like a number, but a person. A few ways to make your customer service more personalized include:
- Don’t Send Customers to Voicemail
- Use their name when they call and remember them whenever possible
- Meet face-to-face, when necessary
- Make the extra phone call or email
- Take the time to get to know them past the transaction
Anything you can do to provide a personal touch or go the extra mile for your customers will help you provide personalized customer service.
Use a Virtual Receptionist for Better Customer Service
When a customer calls and they have to sift through an automated menu system or listen to the phone ring until voicemail picks up, you are not providing personalized customer service. However, when a virtual receptionist answers the phone quickly, friendly and professionally, your customers will feel like they matter.
Even if the virtual receptionist cannot help the customer and they have to transfer them to somebody else in the company, the customer will still feel special. Just by using a virtual receptionist service, you can go the extra mile compared to many companies.
Personal customer service is one of the most important parts of your small business. Without great customer service its hard to compete in any industry anymore. Make sure you do everything within your power to over-deliver for every customer you serve.